Sunday, April 29, 2007

Okay, okay, okay...

Okay.

So, I must seem all over the board here. Our first post obviously is all about me being a brand spankin' new Christian, and then the next post is all about Kidmax... and then... a mission trip?! Actually, this will be the second one this year...

It's pretty phenomenal, when you think about it. I mean, seeing it on the page there gives me goosebumps suddenly, and I actually lived it! I'd been a Christian 2 months when I started this blog, and I definitely hadn't foreseen the events of 2007. Considering where I was at spiritually, and relationally in my life, you could have offered the chance to go Scotland or Halifax to me and I would have jumped on it... but if you had told me I would be a missionary, I probably would have... well, I wouldn't have believed you. But as we rang in the New Year at Winter Conference, my heart was singing in tune with God. He had chosen, and I was going to Scotland. I had no idea how, and I was pretty sure I wouldn't measure up, but... well, I'll save that particular story for another day. Before I leave for Halifax, I'd like to spend my time unpacking a bit of my walk with God with everyone. For some of you, you've been by my side almost constantly since the beginning, and so I thank you and dedicate these words to you. Your faithfulness has been such an encouragement. To those of you who feel you played what seemed like a minor or inconsequential role, I assure you, you are dear and worthy, and you are not forgotten!

So from here on in, a series of entries that map out roughly the last 8 or 9 months of the journey. Feel free to ask me questions, add your comments, etc. I'd love to get an idea of who's reading! :)

No comments: