Wednesday, May 02, 2007

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go...

Well folks, this is pretty much it. In about 4 hours I'll be up and closing one chapter of this year, and opening another one. Amazing. It's finally here. I'm sorry I haven't begun 'my story' yet. These past two days have been a lot of running around and organizing, and reorganizing. You will be utterly amazed at how much you can fit into 2 suitcases and a carry-on these days. So much for 'packing light'...

I have to say, today was totally crazy. Nothing I expected, that's for sure. I ended up running all my last minute errands with Tricia, and that involved printing off her letter for her STINT in Panama! Glad I could be involved. :) By the end of the afternoon, I had my last chunk of support sent to head office, done the letters, bought a cute skirt and two new tops, socks, and a TEAPOT. And I copied some of the best recipes out of the binders from work. So we're eatin' well this summer! I can't wait!

As I was heading out for my last run, I managed to see a very good friend (the best) on the way, and we ended up catching up this evening. Unexpected, but really good. I've missed her! I had what I think will be my last drink of the summer before heading home to wrap up some last minute details.

This is really happening. Tomorrow morning, Olga and I will board a bus and zoom off for the summer. God was amazingly faithful in bringing in all of my support on time, the people he's surrounded me with... every corner I turned today I couldn't help but feel totally blessed. I'm expecting big things this summer. Pray big everyone. :)

Speaking of prayer, if you're reading this and feel called to, please pray for our travels tomorrow and Thursday. We've got some awkward late night layovers and spots where we're stepping out in faith concerning purchasing tickets. Also, pray for our general safety. I've got no reason to believe things will be anything but ordinary, but you've all heard crazy travel stories before. I'm down with meeting interesting people - that's part of the adventure! But I'd like to stay safe in the long run!

Before I wrap this up and grab a few hours of sleep, I have to share a fun fact: In organizing myself for a massive resume drop-off on Friday morning, I was looking up the addresses for all of the restaurants I'm applying to. I grinned when I saw where the Comfy Corner Cafe is located. After all these years of being a Trews fan, I'm actually going to stand on the corner of Hollis and Morris Street.

Standing on the corner of Hollis
and Morris street
Where the evil other half do meet
Won't you send me a saint from
grace, round here there's none
to be had

Hmm. I haven't really listened to these lyrics in a while. They've got interesting new meaning now...

...See you all this weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm, I remember listening to the Trews, though I can't say I heard the song you mentioned. Halifax is crazy for the amount of bands it produces, Sloan, the Trews, Matt Mays and El Torpedo. Mays has a song entitled "City of Lakes" which is a tribute to Dartmouth and which i visited this morning!

I think a "Rock On" is appropriate here.

BHarrison

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.