Thursday, September 06, 2007

Update Time!

Hey friends, it's been a little while (but not as long as usual!)...

So, this has been quite the... week and a half. Two weeks. Something like that. Last week started out like any other week, but quickly launched into the realm of the extraordinary(ily difficult), as I started out on an 8 day work week that turned from some waitressing and some cooking to just cooking when my coworker sliced her finger on Tuesday, requiring several stitches... days later, all chaos broke loose when my boss lost her wedding and engagement rings and everyone straddled two jobs as we all searched high and low and tended the shop. I think worked outside the kitchen as much as inside that day... thank goodness, by Friday morning we had found both rings, and my boss was in a much better mood. Good thing, too, because we had an extraordinary number of customers in. The weekend carried on much the same way, until Sunday, when the girl I was supposed to train as a kitchen assistant forgot she was working as a KA and showed up 3 hours late, and then nearly fainted twice thanks to a previous bout of heat stroke. She was a trooper, but ended up heading home. It was a spot of craziness on an already crazy day, for sure. So yes, that was an exciting 8 days. Maybe not terribly interesting for you, but that's the way the cookie crumbles, my friend.

As for this week, well! I got a snazzy new cell phone , and started the school year yesterday. With a bang, I might add. I'll be catching the 6:45 AM bus twice a week to get to early classes at York this term, and yesterday was the first go-round with that. Not as bad as I thought it would be, but we'll see what I'm saying come November! My electives this year are ace. Renaissance and Baroque Art and Architecture and Weather and Climate. Yup, I'm a nerd, I'm in love with both. I've got to wait till Monday to get a taste of my design courses, but all except one are ones I've started in before, so I don't really expect anything too shocking.

The REAL fun from yesterday was meeting up with people from C4C and helping out with our O-Week booth. We met so many students who are hungry to know more about God, and who want to get involved or learn more. I even met a girl who seemed stoked about a mission trip to Scotland! (But who wouldn't be, really? ;) It was definitely interesting to be in on the 'ground floor' on the campus.. I've stayed pretty aloof for four years (there's that sticky pride issue again!), and I'm only just now seeing a bigger part of campus life. Kind of exciting. Kind of scary. I'm totally stoked. This is going to be the best year yet.

Seriously.

1 comment:

Paulman said...

Remarkable. :) (That's what you and your blog post are :) )

A week late to this blog post, but it was worth getting to it!

You know, I believe us Halifax Projectiles gotta stick together (not to the exclusion of others, though), because I think there are some really good examples to follow and be encouraged by, and you are one of them! Even though you're "only" a young Christian :) Especially because you're a young Christian!

And I'm sad because I think I'm one of the few from project who actually reads all you guys' blogs :( (Maybe Sarah does, too)