Thursday, April 24, 2008

This Day Is Just Full of Win

When I received my $46.02 cell phone bill for my $25-a-month plan the other day for the nth time since signing my contract with Canada's own Beaver-Friendly phone company, I consoled myself - patted myself on the back, even - with the knowledge that while I'm stuck with the darn plan for the next 2.5 years, at least I take darn good care of my phone! I entertained such foolish notions until in a fit of characteristic absentmindedness I threw my shoulder bag into the wash last night, having made a super-human effort to remove all keys, pens, wrappers, and certain assorted - ahem - feminine care products from every one of its dark corners, but assuring myself that my phone was in my other purse. Of course, we all know that the phone not only rode the Wild Washing-Machine Express, it took a stray tampon as its traveling companion too! Neither party survived, naturally. I'm hoping that the restorative April sunshine will save my forgetful butt.

At least I own the cleanest, most-expensive, non-functioning $25-a-month phone ever.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My advice is to disassemble it to some degree, let it sit out to dry for like 3+ days, and then put it back together and charge it. See if it works.

Do not try and charge it or turn it back on until it's been dried for roughly that amount of time.

Erin said...

Like, I said (sarcastically), this day is just full of WIN - I've already done BOTH of those, without thinking. Though I did let it dry over night.

I'm pretty sure this phone has cacked it.

Miss Elissa said...

Sad story, but hilarious retelling!

I had similar proud thoughts about the good care I take of my phone...until I dropped it 15 feet off a library balcony onto concrete! Nearly gave the guys who were studying down there a heart attack, but some how the phone survived. I'm just waiting for it to die now...no more hubris for me!