Friday, May 04, 2007

Hey folks! Wow, what to say first... I'm here with my suitemates, chatting with them about how I don't even know where to begin this post. These past three days alone have been a big adventure. Through it all, I've really been realizing how God really works in the most average and everyday situations. Part of the attraction of taking the bus to Halifax was the great amount of trust we had to put in God to see everything through. In case you didn't know, Olga and I only had our bus tickets bought up to Montreal... beyond that, we weren't sure if we could catch our later connections. But, God is so good, and we had beautiful weather and no major hassles the whole way there. Minor things like a lack of sleep on the overnight ride meant a long sleepy day through New Brunswick, but we arrived safe and sound on Thursday night.

What can I tell you about Halifax? It's hilly. Everything slopes down towards the harbor, so you're either walking uphill, or downhill most of the time. The houses are much more unique here than they are back home, and it's a bit colder. I have to say, I love it here. There's something about this city...

Today was a great day though. I spent my morning applying for jobs aaaand... I'm now a line cook at the Lower Deck pub! Pretty sweet, and definitely praise-worthy event. I'll update you on how that goes. Anyways, I'm keeping the roomies up, so I'll shut down for the night.

Cheers, and God bless everyone!

1 comment:

Tricia Jagt said...

ERRINNNNNNN!
Man it is surreal for me to be writing you as I can picture you chillin on hilly slopes of Halifax? Who would have thought? I am encouraged to read ur blog and can't wait to hear more about all that will take place. You are loved. You are being prayed for. (and even missed) ahaha.

Do you have a mailing adress out there? Cause I really want to send you a letter ehehe..they excite me. And so do you. God bless my dear!! Tea house sisters for ever,
Tricia