Monday, May 28, 2007

Well, the weekend has come and gone, with all of it's beautiful weather. Sitting here during the early evening hours on Monday, the sight outside of Nicki and Veronika's window is pretty damp looking. I don't want to say dismal or dreary, though. We need the rain just as much as we need the sun, and everything is looking greener and brighter than ever now that the fog has lifted. Halifax weather, like Halifax life, is unpredictable at best, and is constantly changing. Just because it was sunny yesterday doesn't mean it'll be sunny tomorrow, and just because there's rain today doesn't mean there'll be rain tomorrow. Just make the most of the day you're given, is the lesson, I guess, and make the most of it with a good attitude to boot.

I'm still deciding how much I've made of today. I got a wicked sunburn after sitting in the sun for an hour and a half on Sunday sharing with a girl named Jen. Our conversation was really great, and I really felt like she was someone I could connect with and talk with further, so I got her contact information and hopefully we can meet up for coffee tomorrow or sometime this week. She's seeking hard for truth, I'd say, but even though she just finished a degree in comparative religious studies, she hasn't found any definitive answers. Therefore I'm even more excited to get to take part in her journey. Pray for her and our newly budding relationship! :)

After such a frustrating week at work, Friday finally yielded an afternoon of purpose and vision. One of my coworkers came to me with a personal problem and we spent a good two hours talking about it and about work in general. It was a great chance to get to know her better and to speak into her about respecting herself as a person, as well as respecting others. It was a really groundbreaking time and as we parted ways she thanked me sincerely for allowing her to confide in me. I walked away almost soaring. I love getting to know people on a deeper level, and she's definitely become someone who is dear to my heart.

Backtracking a bit further, Thursday night was also fairly intense and exciting. My roommate Nicki breathlessly ran up to me and quickly explained that a close friend of hers who has been struggling with a drug addiction has finally reached the breaking point and is seriously searching for God and wanting to learn more about him and how she can turn her life around. Amazing news, and so close to my heart that I was happy for her, just to know where she could head potentially. If you could pray hard for Kendra and her search for God and renewal, I would appreciate it so much. Satan attempts to ensnare us in so many horrible ways... to find yourself entangled to the point of being trapped is the worst and best place to be... worst because you seem to have run out of energy and options, but best because God is good and forgiving, and would love nothing more than to save us from such traps... It gave me a shiver to think of what amazing love she's on the brink of discovering.

Tomorrow morning, Tuesday, we're meeting with West End Baptist Church to solidify plans to partner our citywide ministry with their outreach programs. God totally planned this... after the sunday morning service on outreach and sharing the gospel, we couldn't believe how blessed we were to have our proposition set up. The pastor was just as excited as we were and we've already got a number of ideas that will hopefully grow and take shape for the remainder of the project. Doubly exciting for myself is the chance through August to continue to partner with the church and get more involved in the community. It's going to be heartbreaking to go back to Toronto and school, but I'm also excited for the opportunities that await me there.

I appreciate your comments and prayers, as always!

No comments: